Don't try this at home!

Monday, January 22, 2007

Sold my soul for the second time,
Cause the man don't pay me.
The Importance of being Idle - Oasis


Last week I had my 25th week trip to the midwife. It went better than I thought. I had horrible images of her telling me I wasn't doing something or that the baby wasn't growing fast enough (I still feel like i'm just fat, not pregnant, people assure me otherwise) But everything is fine. She has this little machine that allows you to listen to the baby's heart beat and the minuet she placed it on my tummy the baby kicked right there. It was quite funny.

Three months left and I feel like I should be doing so much more than just sitting here growing my baby. The nursery is painted and we are traveling to my aunts on feb 4th to collect as much baby equipment as we can fill the car with. Providing we have a car by then. lol.
Still being fixed at the mo, but they're getting everything that needs fixing fixed and giving it a new MOT so it'll be a dream to drive when Kris finally gets it back. ^_^

The mother-in-law has been wonderful. She's gone out and bought so much stuff that we never would have been able to pick up, nappies, baby grows, cotton wool buds, sudocream, baby lotion, baby shampoo, baby wipes, sports bras for me and a lovely top that kris says makes me look beautiful. (it shows off my bump so i wasn't so sure, but everyone else loves it.) The pile of baby stuff grows by the day, which is great, and i'm really looking forwards to being able to start sorting out the nursery furniture, though the mother-in-law is probably far more excited than I am. ^_^

It's amazing to think that I was counting the three months last time to judge when the morning sickness would be over, now here I sit with my baby belly counting down the three months before the baby's due. It's a funny old world.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home