Don't try this at home!

Monday, January 22, 2007

The quickest way to a man's heart is threw his breast pocket.


I just ready very brifley someone's comment on the Psycological ending of some horror movies. The one he mentioned in particular was one where the crawling monsters of the movie (which I shall not name incase you which to watch it) are all in the main characters mind.
I feel that, movies such as 'Signs', 'Underworld', 'Resident Evil' and 'Dawn of the dead' are good because they play on our childhood fears of Aliens, Zombies, Werewolves and the Unknown. Why do we have to feel that believeing in these things is wrong? I personaly embrace the fears I had as a child, simply because, and I hope this makes sence, there is nothing wrong with fear.

I still wake up from nightmares where Zombies have somehow made their way into the house and i'm trapped. or i'm lost in the woods and I hear something chasing me. I hate to quote a fantasy book, but Professor Lupin in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban says to Harry, and I quote "That suggess that what you fear most of all is - fear. Very wise" ok it's sad that I know that, but this suggests to me that Childhood fears are a good thing to bring over into our adulthood. These things we fear, don't they keep us human, make us seem more real?

People often talk about what it would be like to be a kid again. Start by fearing the unknown instead of trying to give it a condition.
And look out behind you. ^_*

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home